Flexible Ducting: Aluflex
The Aluflex core is a fully flexible aluminium and polyester laminate duct consisng of 2 layers of 10 micron aluminium and 1 layer of 12 micron polyester giving it a total thickness of 47 micron. A high carbon spring steel wire is encapsulated in these layers to give the flexible its body
The Aluflex core is wrapped in 200 gram/m2 polyester fiber insulation which is held in place with an aluminium jacket. The aluminium jacket also gives it an extra vapour barrier.
The Aluflex jacket is constructed with 2 layers clear polyester on the inside and an aluminium layer on the outside. The aluminium on the outside gives it its fire rating.
The Aluflex flexible ducts are used in ventilation, air conditioning, and air handling systems where high mechanical strength, temperature and fire resistance is required.
- Temperature range: -30° C to +140° C
- Air velocity: Up to 30m/s
Note: At these velocities sound through the flex could be generated.
Recommended velocities will be 4m/s.
- Pressure range: Max 2000Pa
- Bent radius: 1.5D (1.5 times the diameter)
- Diameter range: 102mm to 559mm
- Fire Safety: Aluflex plain and Aluflex insulated have been been tested under SANS 10177 Part 3. The Aluflex plain has a class 1 rating and the Aluflex insulated has a class 2 fire rating.
- Lenghts: Standard lengths are 10 meters, other lengths are available on request.
- Packaging: The Aluflex plain is shrunk down from 10m to 30cm and the Aluflex insulated is shrunk down to 100cm and then placed in a colour coded plastic bag.
- Pressure drop: Download PDF to see pressure drop curve.